What is the Temperature Extremes Sensor?
The temperature extremes solution provides advanced alerts of extreme household temperatures which could lead to unhealthy living conditions. It also provides advanced warning of fire hazards, as unlike smoke detectors it can be sited in smoke rich environments such as kitchens, and can raise an alert when the room temperature falls to levels that could result in burst pipes.
What are the Benefits of the Temperature Extremes Sensor?
- Utilises the dedicated European 869MHz social alarm frequency – ensures reliable, future proofed operation
- Wireless technology – provides flexibility on installations
- Two year battery life complete with built in automatic low battery warning—ensures optimum operation at all times
- Low temperature alarm – provides protection against freezing temperatures
- High temperature alarm – provides protection against potential fire hazards
- Rapid rate of rise alarm – provides protection against potentially dangerous temperature increases
How does the Temperature Extremes Sensor Works?
The temperature extremes sensor sends alarm signals to Lifeline home units and other Tunstall telecare enabled systems to provide early warnings of potentially hazardous temperatures. They are designed to detect three temperature situations; high, low and rapid rate of rise in order to raise specific alerts allowing appropriate action to be taken.
- The high temperature alarm is generated if temperatures go above the high temperature level for more than 2 minutes – 42 Degrees C
- The low temperature alarm is generated if the temperature goes below the low temperature setting for more than 20 minutes – 2 Degrees C
- The alarm is also activated if the temperature in the room rises by 1ºC per minute over a 30 minute period or 3ºC per minute over a five minute period.
Who’s it for?
The temperature extremes sensor can be used with any current Lifeline alarm unit that we stock and also the Care Assist Pager.